Wednesday, 31 October 2012

A scarred but healed heart...


I was writing in my journal pouring out my struggle and then the following flowed from my pen:

My heart is shards of glass
some too small to see
with the human eye.
Splintered into nothingness
no glue can form
once what was
a beautiful heart.
Beating true in innocence
love and trust.

My heart now lies
in shattered shards of glass.
Glass dust
beyond any healers hand.

I see the healer
take the pieces and
 mend the fragments
together again.

The shards so sharp
they cut his fingers
leaving a trail of
red red blood.
Holy blood spilt for me
in taking my brokenness
and healing me whole
once again.

I see the glass dust
beyond repair
lifted carefully
in his clay pot
and a wonderful light
healing touch.
A potters wheel.
A miracle touch.

Behold a heart
bold and new
with scars showing
in royal blue.
Scars of love
scars of experience
scars of the past
the journey of healing.

Scars woven into
a beating heart
compassionate
loving
empathic
and beating.

Beating to the father's teaching
beating to the holy spirit
beating with our Lord Jesus.

A heart for others
a heart for helping
a heart reaching out
a heart for mending
a heart to show the way,
a journey of healing.
A light of hope
a new beginning.

A new song singing
from a scarred
but healed heart.
Pain withdrawn
joy in filled.

Beating in tune
with the universal
language.
A song of love
our brothers and sisters
the love of a family
the love of healing.





22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina for saying-beautiful, I feel humbled and yet as if it was God who gave me the words if that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way. I thought I couldn't heal. There was no way. Be he showed me the miracle of his hands.

    Beautiful words from a beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you midnight rainbow I am blessed by your words and sharing in your comment. I am glad God showed you the miracle of his hands. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  3. Truly beautiful. I love the images of the glass shards and the glass dust and the images of healing. This writing is full of hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is hope in this writing Tina and it surprised me but also I felt so reassured and I feel hope renewed for healing. Thank you for saying it is beautiful, I feel humbled. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. We can heal Behind the Smile... it isn't easy but it's possible. I am a work in progress, I still have a way to go but I am stronger than I have ever been and I am not giving up. Don't ever give up the hope that you to will be healed:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Launna for your message and encouragement here that we can heal and to not give up hope of that healing. I think I was in danger of thinking healing for me was not going to happen, too much to heal but you are right we can heal and after all God is a big God. Thank you Launna also for your honesty in sharing where you are at in your healing journey. Blessings to you Launna.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness what a message. This poem is truly lovely and sets the theme of His Grace and Love. Thank you for sharing dear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello JBR, thank you for your kind words. I was amazed and yet moved at the message in this poem and I hold onto that healing promised :-), blessings.

      Delete
  6. WHat a beautiful message. I love the thought especially of the dust...deeper still. All of it, deeply profound and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I was surprised when I had finished writing at what had flowed from the pen and felt it held a message for me as for everyone else.Blessings.

      Delete
  7. Abouslutely WoW!

    What a beautiful story/ poem.
    Truly touching!

    Oh how I can relate ... from the past childhood experiences in my own life, to stuggles with fear, and especially with a struggle with depression and anxiety.

    Thanks for sharing this, I LOVE it!

    God bless, Deanna
    @ www.theheartshunger.blogspot.com

    formerly @ www.thelordismylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna, thank you for your kind words and for sharing in your comment. I will drop by your blog :-)

      Delete
  8. That was beautiful. I especially liked the imagery part where the Healer's fingers were cut by the shards. That God has felt the pain that has broken us.

    I also appreciated the hope contained in the poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprised myself Abigail with the hope that was in the poem but also I appreciated it and hang on to it. I think God has felt our pain. Thank you for saying it was beautiful. Blessings.

      Delete
  9. Oh wow - what an incredibly beautiful poem. I so envy your ability to write (in Christian love of course - ha ha!)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sunny. thank you :-), you made me laugh...

      Delete
  10. Love, Love, Love! That's the kind of hope I'm talking about. Beautifully spun words, dear friend. Happy Friday to you wrapped in smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles to you Michele and a hug of gratitude for your friendship :-)

      Delete
  11. I have a link for you if you're interested as well as a book that has some good information in it:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-paleo-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/#ixzz2B6dGkLc7

    and the book is called Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by J. Wilson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina, I will check out both, I am always interested in anything that could possibly help me with CFS. I appreciate you thinking about me and taking the time to post me the link. Hugs.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate it and will leave a reply but it may not be right away. Smiles.